Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Chili - Version2!

The focus of this chili version is more on the meat and the beans!  It just needs a little sauce to hold them together.  I just used the classic white sauce as the base, added some tomatoes, and so chili powder and salt.  Mission accomplished!

Tomatoes work for me with a few exceptions, but listen to your body and substitute other fruits and vegetables like pears if needed.  The tomatoes must be fresh, no canned tomatoes.  It also has to be the basic variety tomato, or the basic grape tomatoes.  I have tried some other varieties at the farmers market that did not work for me.  Also, I can't eat tomatoes when my levels are high (after an asthma attack or a strong skin reaction skip tomatoes for a few weeks).  My body will tell me if it is not ready for tomatoes.  I start coughing as soon as I take a bite.  Let's make some chili!!!!!!!!!!

INGREDIENTS:   
1 lb. cooked ground turkey (cook with chopped onions and bell peppers for extra flavor)
1 can kidney or black beans (do fresh, no can if intolerance levels high)
Basic white sauce (recipe here)
1 cup grape tomatoes (blend in food processor - substitute other veg/fruit if you like)
1 TBS chili powder (adjust lower or higher based on taste preference)
Salt

Make the Basic white sauce.  Add in the blended tomatoes, chili powder, and salt.  Combine the sauce, ground turkey, and beans.  You have chili.   

No comments:

Post a Comment