Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Tuna Salad

Tuna Salad on slices of beets
I eat tuna on the weekend as one of my healthy fats.  I normally add a little olive oil, but note that it is high in salicylate. It is my splurge if my salicylate levels are low, and a chance to fit in some healthy fat.
Recipes:


1 can Chicken of Sea (Chunk White Albacore Tuna) in water, drained


Add about tablespoon each of the following:
Olive Oil (or Sunflower Oil)
Chopped Cucumber
Chopped Red Onion (use Green Onions or Leeks if sensitive)
Liquid Smoke (just 1/2 tsp. - skip if sensitive)
Rice Vinegar (about 1 tsp.)
Hummus (garlic flavor) or Olive Oil Mayo


Mix ingredients together.


I use as snack and top cucumber and beet slices, then sprinkle parsley, white cheddar, or cayenne pepper on top.  YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment