Tuesday, December 23, 2014

FMD Phase 1 - Breakfast

Well, I am trying to get back focused.  So, I'm blogging about some of my favorites in each phase.  I enjoyed a waffle with blueberries this morning.  Phase 1 (Monday and Tuesday) breakfast is a grain and fruit. Yesterday, I had oatmeal and blueberries for breakfast.  Today, I took those same ingredients and jazzed it up a little. 

WAFFLE RECIPE
1/2 cup oat flour (grind dry oatmeal in coffee grinder or food processor or purchase oat flour)
1/2 cup rice milk
1 tsp baking soda
Cooking oil spray (splurge, so limit)

Combine all ingredients.  Spray oil on waffle iron.  Pour batter on the waffle iron.  (If temperature setting option, then set to high for crunchy texture. Otherwise, you get mushy oatmeal texture!)

BLUEBERRY TOPPING
1/2 cup frozen blueberries

Place the blueberries in a glass or ceramic bowl/cup.  Microwave for 1 minutes and 30 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment