Thursday, November 13, 2014

Declutter the mind

Enjoy quiet time daily, and list your thoughts.
Well, I started the declutter project in June and by July I had stopped.  Then I started again in August, and before I knew it -  I had stopped again.  September and October passed with no focus, and now it is mid-November!  I have been so proud of myself with weight loss and dieting, so I couldn't figure out why this area was so hard to master.  It is funny, since I was such a neat person growing up.

I had given myself motivation. I promised myself that I would decorate the space really cute.  However, I could not seem to stay motivated.  One of the tips in my initial blog about this subject was, "If this step is hard, then spend some more time working on your feelings."  So, step one should have been to declutter the mind!  I am learning that just like cleaning the home, clearing the mind should be a daily task. Wow, I had an aha moment.

One of the things that I did this summer that was really helpful, was to spend 15 minutes being quiet as soon as I woke up.  I would go outside and enjoy the clouds passing.  However with the Fall season, my mornings were busier.  Between getting ready and running the kid(s) to school, sometimes I didn't have 15 minutes.

To master the clearing of the mind step this week, I decided to play spa-like music (Pandora artist station - "Zen Garden").  After the first day, I felt a little calmer but I was also very angry.  I could not explain why I was so angry - no PMS!   The second day, I began the music and I started to cry.  I cried for a few minutes. 

Before this music journey, I thought that I was okay.  Then, I started writing down all the things that were irritating me.  After releasing all my thoughts I actually felt better.  I know that they would not be instantly fixed, but I literally felt like a weight was lifted.  Thankful for my faith, and believing that "trouble don't last always."  I was thanking God each day, but I wasn't listening each day.  I was too busy, just running in circles.

So for the next 28 days (December 8th), I am going to start my day with 15 minutes of quiet time.  I will include a note pad to jot down my thoughts.  I will put decluttering the space on hold for now, as I master step one.  

Thanks,
Fanuppa
www.fanuppasoaps.com


No comments:

Post a Comment