Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Straight Hair Talk

Professionally straight!
S - T - R - A - I - G - H - T !!!


I have not posted about natural hair in a while.  I am still all natural.  I guess my hair has been sort of boring lately!  The good thing about the boring life of my hair is, that it has given my hair a chance to grow.  I have just been washing it and not adding any heat.  Just twist outs or pulling it back into a puff. 


However for my 30 year high school class reunion, I decided that I would get it professionally straighten.  For the past 3 years, I have gotten a protein treatment about once a year.  It helps my hair to stay straight even during the hot summer months. There is no way that I could get my hair to stay straight without the protein treatment.  However once I have the treatment, I do have my little routine to straighten it after I wash it. 


Here are the steps in pictures:


Divide shampooed hair into 4 sections. Add mixture-half rice vinegar & water. Then just t-shirt towel dry.
Blow Dryer - low budget as you can see!
Blow dry each section while damp, no oil.  The water and vinegar adds protection, and evaporates out.
Electric brush - love this thing!!!!
Add a little oil to the section. "Brush" with the electric brush. Repeat for each section.
Flat iron - how did we live without these?
Flat iron and curl a mini section within each section and roll it out of the way. Repeat until finish.
Take rollers out and style. Not professional, but alright!

No comments:

Post a Comment