Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Thyme for PMS

Ain't nobody got "thyme" for that - PMS! 
I never really understood why I get similar symptoms from PMS as I do to a food reaction. The connection is histamine. Yes, they both fill my body with histamines. Actually, it is too many histamines. More than my body can tolerate and remove quickly. So my head hurts, eyes burn, neck hurt, vision is blurred, brain fog, shortness of breath, skin irritations, and the list goes on. I popped over the counter pills for this for decades. I finally felt better once getting the food intolerances under control, but not completely. I try not to take pain medication because it is not good for the liver. So I was super excited to find that thyme seasoning actually helps.
Just a little though and try to limit to once per day. Best to chew on it like my grandmother did her tobacco! I found making it as a tea was too powerful since it is high in salicylates, and as tea it gets in my nose and eyes and becomes overpowering.  

No comments:

Post a Comment