Monday, January 30, 2017

Feeling the Pain

I have not felt multiple days HORRIBLE from food intolerance in a long time.  I have had some quick reactions, but nothing too bad. This past weekend changed that wonderful streak.  I had the most painful migraine, sinus, joint pain (in hip, neck, back..), sensitivity to smells, cold feeling/chills, sensitive to almost everything I eat - even normally safe foods.  The experience quickly reminded me how bless I am to have discovered ways to feel better.  It also reminded me that I should not take that for granted.  I should look at every day as daily maintenance, because it takes days to reset my body.


I have been off track with my diet since the Christmas holiday.  I let my guard down so that I could enjoy the holiday.  I felt free. Then I went through a period where I wasn't really eating fruits and vegetables.  I actually noticed that I felt better since it is hard for my body to process fruits and vegetables.  I also started snacking more on sugar and chocolate.  I knew that I needed to get back on my diet, but I really didn't have the energy to focus on it and my budget was tight. I also have not exercised as much, so I was stressed. 


So I decided to try some of the quick fixes like apple cider vinegar, molasses, and chili powder.  My body was too weak to handle these, so in comes the mega pain.  So for the past few days, I have been taking Mucinex, Benadryl, and Claritin to reset my body. 


This experience pointed out that fruits and vegetables are hard for my body to process unless I follow the eating pattern that works for me.  Eating my oatmeal, fruits, and vegetables also keeps my body stronger.  Eating too much of anything just doesn't work for me.  I can have chocolate, but only on the weekend.  I love and miss my 2 days on eating pattern (rotation diet).  It allows me to have variety and nutrients that I need to obviously survive in this stressful world.  It also helps me to keep my weight down.  The extra weight messes with my hormones and just adds to my bucket. The other thing that I must do is, exercise.  Yes instead of eating a bunch of chili pepper to increase my body temperature or block salicylates, I should move my body!  I found chili safe when I dash a little on my food.  However when I ate a large amount, I felt a bump form in my mouth.  I love my pepper, so I don't want to become sensitive to it. 


I can do this!  Step one is to start back on my diet.  


UPDATE:  I feel better!  After waking up in pain, I found an unusual way to treat the pain. Humming!  The trigger for this sinus pain was a reaction to my dental cleaning.  Humming to vibrate the area actually triggered drainage, and helped me to breath better.  I placed my fingers on the painful area and tried to make humming sounds that really vibrated the area.  I was inspired by this article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment