Wednesday, June 18, 2014

A simple tip for skin irritations

One of the joys of being sensitive to food is skin irritations.  I get bumps on my arms, back, legs, and worst of all on my face.  If the irritation does not go away, then I visit the dermatologist and usually get a prescription of steroid ointment. However, if it is a simple irritation then I treat it at home.  First wash your face. Next take a face towel, and wet with hot tap water.  Fold and squeeze the towel, then place the towel on the irritated area to steam the spot for about 2 minutes. That is it!  It is amazing how well steaming works.  I like to do this right before bed. This helps with acne and other skin irritations as well.

Looking for a facial soap?  My two favorites are Lavender Sea Salt and Oatmeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment