Friday, June 20, 2014

I can eat that!

I haven't focused on my diet lately and it is slowly creeping up on me with weight gain, low vitamin D level, low iron level... So blogging hopefully will make me focus on this area of my life again.  I will post recipes that offer options for those with food sensitivity, but everyone should enjoy them. Also, I will list my menu plan for the week and some challenges.  I can't wait. It has been a busy week. Hope you have enjoyed the post so far.

I enjoy nuts but they do not return the love.  I enjoy pecans, but pistachios and cashew are a few that I limit from my diet. This recipe has been on my main website.  Thought I would add it to the blog this week.

SUNFLOWER BUTTER COOKIES
(an alternative to peanut butter cookies)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup salted butter
1/2 cup sunflower butter
1egg
1-1/4 cup flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup white chocolate chips (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
(Make sunflower butter by placing sunflower kernels in food processor and adding a few teaspoons of sunflower oil until the mixture is the texture of crunchy peanut butter)
1.  Cut butter into small pieces and place in food processor.  Add the 2 types of sugars, sunflower butter, and egg.  Mix until smooth.
2.  Mix in the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt) until the batter starts forming into dough.
3. Remove dough from the food processors and add the white chocolate chips.
4. Chill dough if desired.  Roll dough into balls, flatten, and then add the crisscross pattern using a fork.
5.  Cook for 10 minutes.
These taste really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment