Wednesday, December 24, 2014

FMD - Phase 2 - Breakfast

The goal for Fast Metabolism - Phase 2 Breakfast is to eat protein and vegetables.  Having vegetables for breakfast was a foreign concept for me until a few months ago.  A bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit is still my favorite breakfast.  However, it doesn't pass the diet challenge!  I also have to try again and make a biscuit in Phase 3 with gluten free flour. Oat flour for biscuit didn't work that great. Turkey bacon has become my new best friend. My favorite breakfast in Phase 2 is egg white omelet with turkey bacon.  My recipe for Phase 2 breakfast is egg white omelet with turkey bacon.

VEGGIE OMELET
6 TBS liquid egg white (buy in milk shaped carton at grocery or separate from 2 eggs)
Vegetables of choice (chopped baby kale, red onion, bell peppers, ...)
1 slice turkey bacon (chopped)
1 tsp cheese (a splurge - skip if really true to plan!)
Salt to taste

Place all ingredients in microwavable omelet container (Omelet container is great for steaming and keeping shape of omelet-Makes life easier. Find at grocery store or other retailers). Close the container and microwave for 1 minute and 15 seconds.

Some days I keep the turkey bacon separate and enjoy the crisp of the bacon with the omelet.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment