Monday, April 11, 2016

Starting Over

Wild Diet-Coffee mixed with Butter and Dark Chocolate Candy
     Well it is hard to believe that it has been almost 2 years since the first time that I started The Fast Metabolism diet. I fell in love with the plan. I have the plan memorized by days, and for the most part have continued to rotate what I eat.  I lost almost 20 pounds the first round!  I went down two dress sizes, and for the most part the inches did not totally come back. It reshaped where the pounds accumulate!  However, the weight slowly came back since I was not focused.  For me, the diet worked best for Phases 1 and 2 of the plan. Phase 3, I normally would gain weight.  Phase 3 is the healthy fat portion of the diet.  So I could eat hummus, tuna, salmon, and healthy oils.  It also was the weekend portion of the diet, so it was easy to splurge. My goal soon became just don't gain weight during Phase 3 and everything will be good.
     During the past two years, I have found out what works and come up with some new food combinations for the week. It has challenged me to find out more about my food intolerances. I also became excited about two other diet plans, and decided to incorporate them into my current way of eating. The first is Joe Cross's juicing plan.  I watched his documentary about how he did just juice for 60 days, and it totally changed his life. I know my body can not survive that long on high concentrations of vegetables and fruits. I also want a plan that I can just do for life. So I made his Mean Green Juice recipe (with a few edits for my food intolerances) and enjoyed it.  I didn't really know how I was going to incorporate his juice, but kept it in the back of my mine. Then I was inspired by The Wild Diet from the ABC show, "My Diet is Better Than Yours" hosted by Shaun T. My hubby and I enjoyed watching the show this January, and the diet seem to target men. So for Valentine's Day, I bought the diet book for my husband. I bought him the hard copy, and got myself a paper copy.  I figured we could learn about all the rules together.  I enjoyed that the book focused on eating fresh healthy ingredients.  So it worked with my values and my food intolerances.  It also discussed intermittent fasting during the day, and having a feast at night.  I finally had a vision of how I could incorporate the 3 plans!
     Three plans would be combined as follows.  I would continue the Fast Metabolism plan for Phases 1 and 2.  However for Phase 3, I would do the Wild Diet intermittent fast and feast. During the fast, I would enjoy some Joe Cross juicing. During the feast portion, I would go back to a regular Phase 3 dinner, but add a dessert.  I also discovered that I could add chocolate to my breakfast during the fast.  This was a dream plan designed just for me!  The good news is that it is working. I have been on the revised plan for about 3 weeks, and I have lost 8 pounds.   
    

Mean Green Juice and Pecans - Wild Diet & Joe Cross juicing

No comments:

Post a Comment