Thursday, July 28, 2016

Winning during the Weekend

I am so excited about last week's weight loss.  I actually drop about 4 or 5 pounds each week, but what is different about last week is that I kept it off during the weekend (July 16-17, 2016).  Normally it is just a yo-yo cycle. I drop the weight, then I put it right back.  I was sharing the experience with my oldest son, and he compared it to going to football practice and never winning a game.  I want to win!  So I decided that he is right.  Why take the time to do 2 days of eating healthy carbs, 3 days of eating no carbs, and then blow those 5 days because of 2 days of not really sticking to the healthy fat diet the way that I should.  I thought that I was sticking to it, but I had become more relaxed during that period. I did the bullet coffee that is really designed to work with fasting.  I stopped fasting so I probably was taking in too many calories.  I also, looked at the weekend as dessert splurged time.  However, the extra sugar plus the calories with healthy fat is probably too many calories.


So I had reviewed my possible errors, so how do I fix the problem?  I decided that I needed to look at Phase 2 like it was Phase 3, but with just a healthy fat. Amazing how changing my mindset, changed the results.  I am so proud of myself.  Winning has meant that I make it through Phase 2 without giving in to chocolate craving.  I have been infusing my water with cucumber to make it seem like I am actually enjoying something fruity.  I also have been treating Friday like Phase 2, with a few exceptions. Example, I do whole eggs for Friday's breakfast.



I actually made it through a second weekend (July 23-24, 2016), and I actually only gained 0.4 pounds.  That Saturday, I actually dropped a pound.  However, Sunday I traveled and did not follow the diet as well.  Not bad for a weekend, considering that I normally gain 2 to 3 pounds during that time period. 

No comments:

Post a Comment