Monday, November 10, 2014

Straighten Natural Hair

I know it has been a moment since I talked about natural hair.  I am still enjoying the journey.  For the past few months, I have been enjoying my twist outs which required no heat.  However this past week, I decided to straighten my hair so that I could see how long it had grown.  It is hard to really tell the length with the twist out.  This also gave me an opportunity to trim my ends. 

Since the temperature has dropped it is easier to wear it straight.  However, my twist out is even easier and limits the chance of heat damage.  With that in mind, I will probably rotate and wear it straight 1-2 weeks of the month during these cooler months. 

The biggest challenge with wearing it straight is finding an oil that will blocks the moisture in the air.  First step is to moisturize with a water and oil based product, then adding an all oil based product on top.  Since I am sensitive to most oils, what I have found that works for me is rice bran oil combined with just a little beeswax.  If you are not sensitive then you may enjoy coconut, argan, and many other natural oils.

Don't forget I offer hair products on my website that are great for those that have sensitive skin, or just want some all-natural options.  Chat with you soon.

Thanks,
Fanuppa


UPDATE:  Thought I would share some growth.  Originally posted Nov 10, 2014 and now Oct 27, 2015.  So almost a year later.  Looks like possibly 3 inches longer in some areas.  Wish it would grow the same all over!  Oh well, still thankful for the growth :)

No comments:

Post a Comment