Monday, October 5, 2015

Enjoying Food with Food Intolerances

Chicken wings, salmon, bok choy, macaroni, squash casserole
MAIN ENTREE     PASTA/RICE DISHES    DESSERTS    SIDES   BREADS    BREAKFAST    BEVERAGES    WEIGHT LOSS  SNACKS


When it comes to food, my world centers around food intolerances and balancing what I eat so that I can reach my goal weight.  I truly love the Fast Metabolism Diet.  I can still enjoy it all - protein, fruit, vegetables, grain, and health fats.  There are just rules on which days to eat certain ones.  It has been really helpful for dropping some pounds, and also helping me to regularly rotate what I eat throughout the week.  If I rotate what I eat, then I am less likely to over indulge in ingredients that may irritate my body.  So it is a win-win. Below are some links that hopefully help you with food intolerances, the diet, and helpful recipes:      Select a category below
FAST METABOLISM DIET (FMD) - these are post about my journey on the Haylie Pomeroy FMD.  Hope it helps with selecting food, grocery shopping, and more.  I can't enjoy all the foods that her diet offers, but there are so many options that winning is still possible.
MAIN ENTREES/MEATS - the main star of the plate! I don't eat beef and the only pork I can eat is bacon.  So mostly chicken recipes and a few other ideas.  Hope you enjoy.
PASTA/RICE DISHES - Like most people, I would eat these daily if I could.  However, the carbs add up, so I have to limit them to drop weight.  On Phase 1 (Monday and Tuesday), I get to eat lots of pasta and brown rice.  I also can do quinoa, but wild rice is limited to Phase 3.
DESSERTS - I have a serious sweet tooth. It has calmed down since following the Fast Metabolism Diet. I usually save desserts for a weekend splurge.  It is usually considered one of my "healthy fats" on the diet because I use oils, sunflower seeds, and pecans (the only nut I can tolerate due to intolerances - but you can substitute as needed). 
SIDES - Sides for me are mainly vegetables. I normally just steam them, so nothing fancy.  However, I will highlight some of the harder ones to prepare.  Also, how I jazz them up, during phase 3 when I can add some healthy fat!
BREAD - I love bread, but have to limit it too to drop some pounds.  I don't really eat a lot of bread anymore.  I make sandwiches with spelt bread.  I love hot water cornbread and corn bread dressing, but had to give them up due to my sensitivity to corn.  So, I will highlight my great substitute recipes.
BREAKFAST - I will spotlight my favorite breakfast in  each of the three phases on the diet. 
BEVERAGES - I drink water 90% of the time!  However, I will spotlight smoothies, shakes, and other beverages that I enjoy for breakfast and weekend.  I am hoping to make my own tea soon, so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment