Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Chocolate Mug Cake


Chocolate Mug Cake!
CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE (yum!)
One of the joys of life is cake. However, cake and dieting is hard to merge. I finally may have a good plan to merge the two. For Phase 1 of my diet, I can have carbs like fruits and healthy grain flours. It is hard to make cake without oil, but I will splurge a little bit and use pecan flour. It will provide the oil. Nuts are not allowed in Phase 1, but hoping the small amount won't tip the scale. The fruit in this recipe is fig. It provides sweetness and the seeds will offer a nutty texture. I made it with one fig but can have up to 6 figs for my fruit serving. So I will have to figure out how to mash it up well to fit in the recipe next time.

Recipe:
1 TBS spelt flour
1 TBS pecan flour (grind pecans in food processor or use almond flour if not sensitive)
1 TBS oat flour
2 TBS sugar (or fruit - I used figs)
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. cornstarch
1 large egg white
1 TBS water (or any liquid)
2 TBS cocoa powder (I used 1 TBS)
Dash of cinnamon
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
Prep fruit (steam or mix with hot water). Combine all the dry ingredients. Add liquid ingredients. Stir well. Cook in the "Stone Wave" steamer or a mug for 1 minutes. It should bounce to touch when done.


Update 1/10/2017:  If you run out of eggs or want to avoid it in this recipe, then add 1 teaspoon of any oil (I used ghee since it is pantry handy and adds a little flavor.)  Next increase the water so you use a total of 2 tablespoons.
Prepping the figs by mixing them with a little hot water
Dry ingredients
The cake batter after it has been mixed well.

No comments:

Post a Comment